My life's reflection through the Book of Nehemiah: BUILDING GOOD STRONGHOLDS (Part 3)


In the process of completely trusting God on my side to help me, leading every thought captive into the obedience of Christ, standing on the finished work of the cross, and knowing that I cannot do this process on my own, I can allow the warmth of Father's love to shine through the broken-down strongholds and keep me warm.  

BECAUSE
  • God is the Horn of my salvation, my Stronghold and my Refuge, my Savior and He saves me from violence (2 Sam 22:3)
  • The Lord is my impenetrable Shield; my heart can trust in Him and I am helped (Ps 28:7)
  • The joy of the Lord is my strength and stronghold (Neh 8:10)
  • The Lord is a Refuge and a High Tower for the oppressed in times of trouble (Ps 9:9)
  • He is a sheltering stronghold to which I may continually resort; my Rock and my Fortress (Ps 71:3);  
  • The way of the Lord is strength and a stronghold to the upright (Prov 10:29)
  • Honor and majesty are found in His presence and joy and strength are found in His sanctuary (1 Chron 16:27)
  • The Lord is a Stronghold for the poor, a Stronghold for the needy in his distress, a Shelter from the storm, a Shade from the heat (Is 25:4)
  • He is my Strength and my Stronghold and my Refuge in the day of affliction (Jer 16:19)
  • He is a Refuge for His people and a Stronghold to the children of Israel (Joel 3:16)
  • The Lord is good, a Strength and Stronghold in the day of trouble - He knows and understands those who take refuge and trust in Him (Nah 1:7)
  • The name of the Lord is a strong tower: the righteous run into it, and is safe. (Prov 18:10) 

According to the Word "A wise man scales the city walls of the mighty and brings down the stronghold in which they trust" (Prov 21:22).  From now on I am going to continue inspecting my walls and make sure that God Almighty is my only Stronghold (and I challenge you to do the same). 

My motto from now on will be:
Psalm 91:2 (Passion)
"He’s the hope that holds me and the Stronghold to shelter me, the only God for me, and my great confidence."


See you next week for further study into this amazing story of walls being rebuilt.....

Comments

Most Popular Posts