My life's reflection through the Book of Nehemiah: GATES - THE FISH GATE



The next gate that they built was the Fish Gate and to me this is the obvious next step in any Christian's walk.  
 
'Surveys have shown that believers who have been saved less than two years win the most people for the Lord and the reason for this is because their simple testimony of what Jesus has done in their lives qualifies them to be great "fishers of men"' (author unknown).
 
The natural outflow of accepting Jesus as our Lord and Savior and the natural next step, is testifying to the fact that we were mere sinners, but now we are accepted in Christ.

It seems simple and easy, doesn't it?
But in reality its not!

Why do I say that? 
In my own walk as a Christian, at first it was easy to tell people about the wonderful gift of salvation because that living water was still fresh in my life and it automatically overflowed.  But as time went on the reality kicked in.  Life started to happen and the newness of being born again started wearing off. I tried to be obedient to Jesus but my words just seemed to be insufficient.

But then Holy Spirit dropped the following scripture in my spirit:
 
Proverbs 11:30
The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life, and he who is wise captures human lives (for God, as a fisher of men - he gathers and He receives them for eternity).

See, it is therefore not out of mere human strength that we testify about the goodness and gift of God, but it is God all the while working through us Who does the work. 

Jesus said that rivers of living water will flow from us (John 7:38) but it is not possible if I don't sit at the "Well" Who gives living water.  If I spend time with Jesus - have a relationship with Him - and drink from Him, the natural outflow is living water....

Matthew 13:37
He (Jesus) answered, He Who sows the good seed is the Son of Man.

So, if I overflow from the amount of water I 'drink', I will automatically testify about the love of God and what He did for me and then the seed that's being deposited in the person's life, is God's responsibility.

Paul and Apollos were both testifying about Jesus, but the church in Corinth were arguing about who was better and more important and so Paul responded:
1 Cor 3:6-7
I planted, Apollos watered, but God (all the while) was making it grow and He gave the increase.... neither.... are we anything... but only God Who makes it grow and become greater...."

So..... its God Who does the work, we just need to 'overflow'......

















Comments

Most Popular Posts