My life's reflection through the Book of Nehemiah: GATES - THE OLD GATE (ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT)


 
 
 
The Old Gate was one of the originally built gates.  It was one of the first gates used for access to the city.
When you hear the word OLD, it means something that happened in the remote past or a long standing thing.
And being on the verge of yet a new year, and reflecting on past failure as well as successes, I think this is truly the most appropriate gate to end the year off with.

So I come to the hard part of the year:  Reflecting on the old ways of doing and this year. 
I am doing, like every one else, some introspective on whether I have things I regret this year and if there are any things that I am willing to take over with me to 2019.
 
Do I have anything that I either learned from long ago or only this year that I regret having learned and vice versa?
 
A Pastor very recently preached on  "Attitude Adjustment" and it hit home - I need an attitude adjustment before I enter a new year....
 
Attitude means : a settled way of thinking or feeling about someone or something.  Particularly relative to a person's behaviour (Merriam-Webster)
 
OR
 
Habit means : a settled tendency or usual manner of behavior.
 
1.  GOOD ATTITUDE / HABIT 
It is good to have a good attitude / habit which is consistent to the Word of God and is benefitting me and others around me.
 
Jeremiah 6:16 (NLT)
This is what the Lord says:  "Stop at the crossroads and look around.  Ask for the old, godly way, and walk in it.  Travel its path, and you will find rest for your souls.
 
God's Word and His way of doing is ALWAYS a good habit to carry over to a next season in one's life.
BUT

2.  BAD ATTITUDE / HABIT
Its dangerous if I settle into a mindset or thought pattern that is inconsistent or beneath what the Word of God says about my life.
Not all habits are worth carrying over to 2019.
 
 
I definitely have really bad habits that I do NOT want to take with me into the next season in my life - some really BAD habits/attitudes:
1.) One of them is getting emotional and then acting in the heat of my emotional moment.  99% of the time I've received the same outcome....
So, I am standing at a crossroad:  Carry on with the same, familiar way of doing and get the same response OR change my behavior and perhaps get a different response??
2.) Another really BAD habit/attitude is unforgiveness.....
The Holy Spirit has really been dealing with me this past week regarding this....
 
................ to be continued
 
 

Comments

Most Popular Posts