Happy Father's Day


Today I offer this prayer to you oh Heavenly Father!  You are the ultimate Father and You are my Father and I just want to say "Happy Father's Day".  Thanks for being my Dad!!!  There are so many things in Your Word that I read about You; about being the Perfect Father!! But the one thing that comes up so vividly is 1 John 3:1 (MSG)
"What marvelous love the Father has extended to us! Just look at it - we're called children of God! That's who we really are.  But that's also why the world doesn't recognize us or take us seriously, because it has no idea who He is or what He's up to."

What love that you loved us first is unfathomable.  What love that you created everything for us to enjoy.  What love that I can write this letter to You and it comes into your very ears (Ps 18:6).  What love that I can draw boldly and have free access to Your Throne of Grace (Heb 4:16). What love that even if my earthly dad is as amazing as he is, You know far better and would do so much more and give so much more (Matt 7:11).  What love that you even discipline me from time to time because you love me (Prov 3:12).  What love that Jesus Himself said that when we love Him, we will be loved by You and He too will love us and show Himself to us (John 14:21).  What love that the Spirit yearns over us and and You yearn for the Spirit to be welcomed by us with a jealous love (James 4:5).

Let me be drenched in this love today, Father.  Let me understand Your love for me because you loved us first.  And let me then, after understanding the full meaning of  Your love, love others the same way.

Amen

Comments

Most Popular Posts