THINGS THAT HAPPEN IN THE PRESENCE OF GOD: PART 1 - RECHARGE / REFRESH

Psalm 127:2
Don't you know He (God) enjoys giving rest to those He loves. 



Do you ever feel like this guy, wishing you could be plugged in somewhere magically and just be recharged.

Well, the first thing that happens when we are in the presence of God, is we are being RECHARGED.......
Ps 16:11
You will show me the path of life;
In Your presence is fullness of joy;
At your right hand are pleasures forevermore

The day before the elections, we were doing intercession at church and as we were praying, I had a clear prophetic vision of what is going on regarding the elections and I realised only afterwards that this is exactly what happens (elections or not) in presence of God.

You see, as we were praying I saw each and every Christian praying and interceding, being plugged into a 'jack' in the presence of God.  You remember the old portable phones which needed to be recharged on a chargeable device like this one?


In the vision I saw us individually being recharged in Father's presence and being refreshed.....

What a joyous vision it was, because I realised that in His presence is not only 'fullness of joy', but also REFRESHMENT......  

Always when I am tired, I take a long bath / shower (depending on my mood), I put on comfortable clothes and get into bed.  And even though it feels like I could sleep for days on end, a good night's rest is all I need.  Just a short break from my work, closing my eyes and let my brain switch off.  

Or if I go away for the weekend and rest, I feel so much better and it feels like I could take on the world, because of the fact that I changed my perspective and I got to rest.  

And this is exactly what happens in Father's presence.  He changes our perspective. He gives us rest and He enjoys doing it

Psalm 3:5
I lie down and sleep;  I wake again because the Lord sustains me.


The word sustain means: to strengthen or support physically or mentally.

So you see, God strengthens us physically AND mentally in His presence when we rest IN Him and in His presence.   



to be continued.....

Comments

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts