QUEST FOR ZERO DEFECT

Have you ever heard of the concept "Striving Towards Zero Defect"?  The late Prof. Dr. Louw Alberts explained the theory (as illustrated in the graph below): your inner being strives towards being like Jesus.  But we will never reach perfection (Whom Jesus was) until death (or Jesus' return) - we can only strive towards that goal.


I tend to miss the mark many a times and I am still in the process of being transformed. Life happens and I might know I'm still a work in progress but people remind me every so often that I am still not hitting the mark. I used to say:  "People tend to put you down that you start believing it".  But the only power people and their words have over me, is the power I am willing to give them.  I then remember that the Word says in Eph 6:12 (TLB)
"For we are not fighting against people made of flesh and blood, but against persons without bodies - the evil rulers of the unseen world..... evil princes of darkness..."

A few years ago I came to a cross-road and I had to choose:  I could either go down the old path (the old way of thinking) OR I could start renewing my mind.  But where to start?  I realised I had to start at the beginning.  And that is why in the posts to follow I am going to take a walk through the Book of Nehemiah because that is where the Spirit lead me and opened up a few things.  Have you ever really understood the exegesis (the critical explanation or interpretation of a text, especially of scripture) of this amazing book?  You might not understand what the "Striving Towards Zero Defect" has to do with Nehemiah, but all will be revealed in the following posts....

Please come on this journey with me as the Holy Spirit opens up truths which were lost in translation and restores us to new health and brand new mindsets.....

xx

Comments

Most Popular Posts